At 09:49 AM 9/1/2003 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Minutes of ERPS General Meeting #266

New Business
------------

        Stewart Cobb gave what amounts to a lecture on GPS technology.
 Among other interesting facts, he reported that Serantel (sp?)
 has teamed up with another company to introduce a postage-stamp-size
 GPS receiver.

"Sarantel" in the UK. The product in question can be seen at <http://www.sarantel.com/diohelix-f.shtml>.

And slightly OT: I use Windows because I /have to/.  The engineering
software I need to use generally will not even try to run under WINE.
Even if I can get one running, it's not supported in that
configuration, and tech support is essential for this stuff.
I have a Linux box on my desk, behind a KVM switch, but I only talk
to it about 10% of the time, because the software I use most is
on the Windows machine.  Many other folks at my company use Linux
full time.  I'd like to, but I /can't/.  And I find the
holier-than-thou attitude which has been expressed recently
on this list to be just a little bit irritating.

Cheers!
--Stu