Stephen Holden wrote:

Hello,
I am developing a new hybrid propellant concept that I would like to discuss...It's basically very similar to any hybrid, except that the propellant consists of a cylindrical grain of lightly bonded magnesium powder onto which is sprayed through injectors the oxidizer. The oxidizer is a solution of water and various nitrates and perchlorates at high concentrations. There are many possibilities for testing and would like to get people together to explore the concept.

I have placed a brief description on the Australian Experimental web site, which I will update with any developments made.

The motor is a concept at this stage, but tests of the reactivity of lightly bonded magnesium powder and water / oxidizer solutions indicate a highly energetic reaction that with a little luck will produce a workable hybrid propellant.

Any and all ideas and help is welcome...I think it's an interesting idea worth some investigation...

Anyways, cheers from Australia, Stephen

-----
Stephen J. Holden
Owner/Founder
Mechanical Engineer
Australian Experimental
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Page: http://www.australianexperimental.com.au

Can you say "grain in the throat?" Sure you can. Aleta