Hi folks ...

The AST web page has details on two upcoming events that may be of
interest to E.R.S.P. members:

> Since 1998, AST has invited all of those interested in the commercial
> space transportation industry to join the office for a two-day
> conference in the Washington, DC, area featuring dozens of industry
> and government experts speaking on and discussing a wide range of
> topics of interest to the space launch community.
>
> Please join us at our next conference!
>
> The eighth annual AST Commercial Space Transportation Conference will
> be held February 10 - 11, 2005, at the Renaissance Washington Hotel.
> This year, the conference theme will be, "Ready for the Next Giant
> Leap," looking at the latest developments in expendable and reusable
> launch vehicles, and the potential for new markets, especially space
> tourism. Six panels are planned, on topics such as Emergent ELV
> Technologies, Human Spaceflight, X Prize and Beyond, and much more.
> The conference will end with an encore performance of last year's tour
> of the Steven Udvar-Hazy Center, the huge new annex to the Smithsonian
> Air and Space Museum. Don't wait until the last minute -- click the
> following link to register today at Organization 21. Early
> registration and quantity discounts are available!
>
> Provided below are some photos from last year's conference; just click
> on the individual pictures to see a larger image.
>
> Proceedings from last year's conference are also available. Copies on
> CD-ROM are being mailed to all attendees. If you'd like a copy, please
> send an email detailing your request to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For details on speakers, etc see:

        http://ast.faa.gov/aboutast/conference.htm

For planning purposes, the next semi-annual COMSTAC meetings will be

        Wednesday, May 25, 2005 (COMSTAC Working Group Meetings)
        Thursday,  May 26, 2005 (Full Committee Meeting)

Contact:

Brenda A. Parker
Program Analyst
Licensing and Safety Division
FAA/Associate Administrator for Commercial Space Transportation
(202) 385-4713
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm hoping to be there. If others are going we should see about
co-ordinating flights/rooms.

Details and Oct 04 presentations are available at:

        http://ast.faa.gov/comstac/meetings.htm

    Michael