On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Michael Haufe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it worth changing the name of a statement/expression/definition who's
> labeled intuitiveness is debatable and  which  has been in use since
> JavaScript 1.7? If compatibility is one of the goals wouldn't this
> create more trouble than its worth?

I think this is an adequate reason to stick with "let". Also, if we're
arguing from the English meaning of "local", its two most obvious
antonyms are "global" and "remote". Both non-global and non-remote are
potentially meaningful concepts, but neither corresponds to the
suggesting meaning of "local".

--
 Cheers,
 --MarkM