On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:28 PM, David-Sarah Hopwood <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>
> > Agreed that this proposal does not prevent this existing confusion.
> Neither
> > does it make it worse. If there's something we can plausibly do to fix
> this,
> > I'd love to! Any suggestions?
>
> The problem here is the lack of any run-time type distinction between
> constructors and other functions. I don't see how to fix the existing
> confusion in a compatible way. However, when we add the class feature in
> ES-Harmony, we should avoid making it worse by using a desugaring that
> allows the class name to be used with 'new', but prevents any use as a
> function from breaking object encapsulation.
>

The desugaring I presented in "Look ma, no 'this'" does so, precisely
because it avoids 'this'.



-- 
   Cheers,
   --MarkM
_______________________________________________
Es-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/es-discuss

Reply via email to