On 2008-11-30, at 01:30EST, Brendan Eich wrote:

// Instead of lambda (a, b, c) { ... }, why not:

I would rather have a more literate syntax, lest we degenerate to where practically any comic book blasphemy is a valid program.

(BTW, I'm pretty sure I have that same Byte issue, in a similar box, with a similar musty smell, _and_ "the blue book". Back then, worrying that 'line noise' or the death throes of your modem hanging up would write code for you was a legitimate concern. Today, it is just my old eyes that might gloss over `{||` and wonder why the `var`s in that block are not visible in the enclosing function...)