I've been looking at the implementation of arrays in SpiderMonkey lately to fix
some edge-case bugs in them, and I think there might be simplifications we
could make to our code if what's suggested here were codified in ES3.1 or
similar.  In particular it would be good not to be forced to represent array
indexes as doubles (we currently have some of the same bugs as webkit does
because of this), or at least to be able to fail before the first [[Put]] that
exceeds the array index limit.  I can see no problems with what has been
suggested, although I think ArrayLengthLimit should remain at 2**32-1 to make a
uint32_t optimization possible.

What's the next step to see these suggestions, with the modifications noted
thereafter, into the next spec draft?

Jeff