Assuming we're allowed to speculate on futures here...

I was thinking about improving debug-ability by adding descriptive names to function expressions thusly,

  var myFun = function "my description here" (...) { ... };

I.e., be able to use an arbitrary string as the "name" of a function expression. It seems to me this would be an unambiguous extension, only giving up an unlikely syntax error. No runtime is required to do anything with the name, although it would be encouraged to make it available as the .name property of the function object. Comments?