On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2010, at 5:33 PM, Jürg Lehni wrote:

[...]

> Yes, jQuery nicely avoids the whole prototype issue.

What do the spec contributors have to say about scripts that modify built-ins?

The concept "don't modify objects you don't own" can be a hot topic
for some. What does the committee have to say on that?

Mentioned in elsehwere:
http://jibbering.com/faq/notes/code-guidelines/
http://www.nczonline.net/blog/2010/03/02/maintainable-javascript-dont-modify-objects-you-down-own/

[...]

> It could be that we missed a chance to add Function.bind(callable, thisObj,
> argsArray). Adding such a "static method" might have provided the desired
> common utility usable without conflicts by libraries. We may yet add such a
> Function.bind.

Function.bind is already specified, isn't it? Function itself is a function.

[...]

Garrett