> From: Dmitry A. Soshnikov
>
> But he referenced to the conformance test suite --
> http://es5conform.codeplex.com/ and in particular for these test cases
> -- http://vserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/tests/
>
> where is said that "arguments" and "eval" are allowed in such cases:
>
> http://vserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/tests/15.3.2.1-11-7-s.js -- arguments
> http://vserver.rosseaux.net/stuff/tests/15.3.2.1-11-4-s.js -- eval

These tests are valid.  The constructed function is not "strict" because its
body does not contain a "use strict" directive. The strictness of the caller of
the Function constructor does not affect the strictness of the constructed
function. That's what these tests are verifying WRT strict function  formal
parameter restrictions.

Test 15.3.2.1-11-3-s.js verifies that using 'eval' as a formal parameter to a
constructed function containing a "use strict" directive throws a SyntaxError.
The need be another similar test for 'arguments'.

> So, is it an err in the Annex C statement or the tests are incorrect? I don't
> see the
> same restriction in the exact 15.3.2 section as it mentioned in the Annex C.

See step 10 of 15.3.2.1

Allen