On 11/11/10, Michael Day <mike...@yeslogic.com> wrote:
> Hi Brendan and Allen,
>
> Thanks for the pointers.
>
>> So for Harmony, we are reclaiming function in block (must be a direct
>> child of a braced block) to bind a block-local name on block entry (so
>> hoisting lives, but only to top of block -- so you can't emulate with var
>> f = function ...).
>
> If we implemented this behaviour now, I think that would be sufficient
> to make JQuery

Arrogant bunch of lackeys.

 and Raphaƫl work. Here is an example from JQuery that is
> giving us trouble:

I am now reminded of the logo Allen proposed for ECMAScript.

> if (condition) {
>      var val, props, ... ;
>
>      function getWH() { ... this is the function ... }

http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/6788

I've told them about this sort of problem and they just delete the comments.

| GarrettS commented on jquery/jquery August 26, 2010
|
| The comment has since been removed.
|
| GarrettS commented on jquery/jquery August 26, 2010
|
| The comment has since been removed.

More reasons why I do not want to have anything to do with javascript.

Garrett