Hi Felix,

I have a note on the wiki page offering a less algorithmic approach to
specifying weak maps. I don't think we should be putting GC algorithms in the
spec at all; that would be overspecification. Instead, we should just focus on
defining reachability, and leave implementors free to compute reachability with
whatever algorithms best fit their engines.

If people think they would be helpful, non-normative, suggestive algorithms
might have a place in the spec. But IMO normative algorithms would be a mistake.

Dave