I've implemented an unrelated language that works this way, and it is really
nice, but I don't know if moving ES to that after the fact would work. But
maybe I'm misreading your proposal. Consider:

  function show(a, b, c) { log(a + " | " + b + " | " + c); }
  var arg = [1, 2, 3];
  show(arg);

Currently, that prints "1, 2, 3 | undefined | undefined".

With your proposal, would that destructure arg on entry and print "1 | 2 |
3"? Or is the idea that a function call implicitly array-ifies its argument
list to avoid that, so "show(arg)" implicitly is semantically "show([arg])"
and you get the original behavior?

Assuming the above is resolvable, would you also be able to use object
destructuring in a function parameter list? I.e.:

  function show(x: x, y: y) { log(x + ", " + y); }
  var point = { x: 1, y: 2 };
  show(point); // "1, 2"

- bob