On Apr 17, 2011, at 6:07 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:

> On 4/17/11, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 17, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Claus Reinke wrote:
> [TLDR]
>> ASI is not going to be removed. I don't know why you think it could be.
>>
> Why not? Iif developers would stop doing that then eventually, can't
> it be removed?

Define "eventually". We can't remove 'with' from ES5 + reality JS on any
definite schedule. "Developers" are not a unitary audience with the same time
horizons. Much JS on the web is unmaintained. It may or may not replaced for
years or decades.

This is all kind of beside the point. We cannot remove 'with' or ASI from ES5 +
reality, not-opted-into-Harmony JS as specified by ECMA-262 in any edition in
sight.

Let's rediscuss when we can. Until then it's a waste of time.

This is not to say it can't or won't happen. It may but it could take longer
than you care to wait.