>> What do you do with constructors-as-classes to check the following?
>>       o instanceof C
>> You look for C.prototype in the prototype chain of o.
>
> No, the JS engine does that!
>
> I, or random classy-dynamic-language-experienced users, just do "o instanceof
> C", i.e., they ask "is o an instance of [constructed by] C"?
>
> Not everyone mentally deconstructs operators into their more primitive
> semantics.

But with PaCs you don’t have to deconstruct, there is no detour from the class
to another construct.

> Especially if there's no prototype-chain hacking, just shallow classical
> inheritance via a solid library.

Then we would have a Python-like abstraction on top of current facilities.
Which I don’t mind at all. But I’m worried about the abstraction leaking.

If prototypes already make it all work in the background, why not try and make
do just with them?

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

a...@rauschma.de