> With <| and 'super' in functions, I think you are set. It's hard to add more.
> The main debate is about whether this is enough, or do classes as sugar
> provide enough added value?

<|, super and possibly some support for subclassing (to set up the constructor
property in subclasses etc.) would cover *a lot* of ground (if we can’t have
something more sophisticated – I’m wondering if we are at a “now or never”
point in this regard. That is: If we don’t make breaking changes for <insert
your favorite class-like construct> now, will we ever?).

One thing that should be kept in mind is tool support: How do IDEs get enough
information for auto-expansion etc. Lack of a good IDE still makes it slightly
painful to write JavaScript for me (while I really like the language). Is there
someone with experience in that department that could comment? I’m guessing
that type guards would help(?) What else?

IDE support would be a pro-class literal argument, I guess. Another question:
If *everything* is encapsulated (instantiation, subclassing, instanceof, etc.)
then it doesn’t matter any more what goes on under the hood.

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer

a...@rauschma.de
twitter.com/rauschma