On 24.08.2011 20:19, Brendan Eich wrote:
On Aug 24, 2011, at 2:44 AM, Dmitry A. Soshnikov wrote:

Hi again,

And another topic which I'd like to separate from the doc-comments topic is the
"triple-strings". The rationale is not to escape the double/single quotes when
describing something bigger than one line (usually these are comments, but other simple
strings with many of double quotes are also the case).
We had a triple-quoted string proposal for ES4. That was long ago.

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=proposals:triple_quotes

Ah, didn't know, thanks.

The answer now is quasi-literals:

http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:quasis

Yes, I'm aware about `quasis`, but seems inattentively considered all the cases.

No need to stutter " three times -- just use `. Did you miss this one?

Yes, definitely. Thanks for mention.

OK, then the topic with """ is obsolete.

Dmitry.