On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 17:25, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> If so we are at an impasse. To get past it, we would need to agree on
> declarative syntax and semantics preventing use before initialization. We can
> try to do that again, see if anyone has changed minds.

I don't agree that we need to agree on a semantic that prevents use
before initialization for ES.next. Like I've previously stated both
Python and ES5 gets by without this.

The proposal we were talking about (last hour of the F2F) was
something even simpler than what we have at the wiki. It did involve
using object literal for the class body and no special form for the
constructor. This makes things simpler but the main downside with that
is that it is not as easily extended to add const and whatever feature
we might want in the future.

--
erik