On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:44 AM, Brendan Eich <bren...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> [...] We want only "own" properties, including private-name-object-keyed
> ones.

I agree that ".{", being a special form with a literal to the right, should
"copy" private-name keyed properties from right to left. However, doing so
for a non-literal right hand side seems very dangerous. We should consider
this very carefully. I suspect we should reject doing so.

OTOH, both the literal special-form and non-literal library forms should
copy non-enumerable own properties from right to left, making for yet
another difference from de facto Object.extend. With two significant
differences, we should clearly choose another name.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM