Hi David,

What you seem to want is the ability to define new kinds of properties in
addition to data and accessor properties. That is beyond the goal of
proxies.

However, I really don't see why you would want to define your "event
properties" as a third type of property. What would be the problem with
_representing_ your "event properties" as, e.g. accessor properties with an
additional event:true attribute? You state:

"I could return a property descriptor of a regular data property, but it
> looses the nice event enumeration I'm trying to add."

But I don't understand what you mean by that.

I would model your event property descriptors as follows:

getOwnPropertyDescriptor: function(name) {
  if (/* name is an event property */) {
    return {
      event: true,
      get: function() {
        // we now have access to "receiver", it's |this|
        // fire the listeners

Cheers,
Tom