> Is there a summary of the current status of standardized dependency
> based script loading somewhere? Since the sync and async camps of
> commonJS were unable to agree, we left with two sets of incompatible
> JS libs and a few gymnastic boilerplate adapters to bridge them.
> Perhaps a standard could do no better, but one can hope.

I think things are quite settled:

Present: 2 standards – http://www.2ality.com/2011/10/amd.html
- Asynchronous: Asynchronous module definitions (AMD): RequireJS (has an
adapter for Node.js) etc.
- Synchronous: CommonJS (Node.js etc.)

ES.next:
http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:modules

What would you want to standardize? It would be great if Node.js adopted AMD,
but at the very latest we’ll have a common standard via ES.next.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
a...@rauschma.de