On Nov 10, 2011, at 1:26 AM, Tom Van Cutsem wrote:

> Are you sure you want to kill [[HasProperty]] entirely? If we replace it by a
> conditional [[Get]], wouldn't that mean that the expression |name in obj|
> might unnecessarily trigger an accessor in obj?

Good point, I didn't think about the fact that [[Get]]  always triggers
accessor calls.

We probably do need to continue to have a side-effect free [[HasProperty]].  I
still think it is desirable to have a conditional [[Get]] available for use in
places like the array algorithms. Whether it is an over-roading of the [[Get]]
api or an additional trap is debatable.

Allen