On 11 November 2011 18:29, Dmitry Soshnikov <dmitry.soshni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> This is why the topic is called "*(Almost)* everything...". In general
> case we may not include this case with label-statement into proposal, since
> the construction you wrote isn't practice IMO. But, we should consider also
> theoretical things and this case it can be better to avoid the case at all
> then to solve it -- especially if there is no much profit in practice from
> it. Though, if we can manage it, why not?

Another thing isn't a block statement a no-op?  So :
x={};

x wouldn't be undefined or anything since a blank block statement shouldn't
return anything. Then if it returns undefined then how would a block
statement actually work:
{}/1

You'd have to make a block statement return undefined to make sense.

So as you can see you are adding complexity to the syntax in both the
developer level and the sandboxing level. There are a ton of problems this
would create.