When a caller of the Globalization API requests a locale or parameter
combination that's valid but that the implementation doesn't support, then the
implementation falls back to something it does support. The resolvedOptions
accessor property of the constructed object provides information on what the
implementation came up with, so that the caller can decide whether the fallback
is acceptable or whether it wants to use alternative solutions.

Examples:

- A caller requests a date format for Spanish in Guatemala, and the
implementation doesn't have that. The implementation might fall back to a
generic Spanish (probably for Spain), or to the Spanish of big neighbor Mexico,
or, if it runs on a budget cell phone designed for India and doesn't have any
Spanish, even to Hindi. The caller might decide that any Spanish is OK as long
as the month is spelled out (users shouldn't have to guess between day/month
and month/day formats), but that Hindi needs to be worked around by loading up
another date formatting library that does support Spanish.

- A application for Islamic prayer times requests the Islamic calendar; if the
implementation offers Gregorian instead, the application may load a library
that does support Islamic.

Norbert