you don't use apply randomly, you use apply for methods or getters knowing
there is a function there.

__noSuchMethod__ is about NOT HAVING A FUNCTION there and if the property
is not defined apply should fail as well as obj.undefined.apply would

I still do not understand why we keep mixing up getters with
__noSuchMethod__ behavior which is:
    1. a "method" and not a property invocation ( no obj.inexistent.apply
BUT ONLY obj.inexistent() OR obj[inexistent]() )
    2. unaddressable since a property that has not been define will always
be addressed as undefined ( or the __proto__ chain value )
    3. nothing to defer, lazy call, pass through, etc etc ... once again,
noSuchMethod SHOULD cover 1 case, and 1 case only

obj.iDoNotExistHowCanAnyoneReferAtMeThen();

Rules behind the scene, described already in my post:

Syntax: object.methodName(); // inline invokaction, NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS
SINGLE CASE
Procedure:
  1. check if object has a property called "methodName"
    1.1 yes, go on and throw an error if it is not callable
    1.2 no, check if the property has a getter
      1.2.1 yes, go on and throw an error if it is not callable
      1.2.2 no, check if the object has a "__noSuchMethod__" fallback
        1.2.2.1 yes, invoke that callback via cb.call(object,
"__noSuchMethod__", arguments)
        1.2.2.2 no, throw an error "undefined is not a method"

Is above logic really that hard to implement/understand? I don't think so
but it looks like it's me only.

The described behavior as it is is never ambiguous so what is the problem
exactly?

Practical example

var o = Object.defineProperty({}, "test", {
    get: function () {
        return this.alias;
    }
});
o.alias = function () {
  alert(this.message);
};
o.message = "hello";

o.toString();    // __proto__ chain
o.alias();       // property as method
o.test();        // getter
o.noTest();      // __noSuchMethod__
o.test.call(o);  // getter
o.noTest.call(o);// undefined is not a function

Best Regards