Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 9:57 PM
To: Herby Vojčík
Cc: es-discuss@mozilla.org
Subject: Re: <| ambiguity

No problem with re-posting a reply that you meant to be a reply-all.

For the case of

 ClassConstructorFunction <| function (...) {...}

the proposal does something exra: it makes the RHS.prototype (the 'prototype' property of the RHS) delegate via that object's [[Prototype]] internal property to ClassConstructorFunction.prototype. So you get the parallel prototype and class-side inheritance:

RHS --[[Prototype]]--> ClassConstructorFunction --[[Prototype]]--> Function.prototype RHS.prototype --[[Prototype]]--> ClassConstructorFunction.prototype --[[Prototype]]--> Object.prototype

(assuming ClassConstructorFunction is a user-defined function whose .prototype is a fresh Object instance, as usual).

/be