On Jan 3, 2012, at 4:50 PM, Gavin Barraclough wrote:

>>> It's a grammar bug.  Thanks for the proof reading...
>>
>> The final <opt> cited above is the bug, right?
>>
>> The first right-hand side still is enough to produce the [x] pattern.
>>
>> /be
>

> I assumed the bug was the presence of a literal comma?

No, compare to ArrayLiteral:

ArrayLiteral : // See 11.1.4
    [ Elisionopt ]
    [ ElementList ]
    [ ElementList , Elisionopt ]

ElementList :  // See 11.1.4
    Elisionopt AssignmentExpression
    ElementList , Elisionopt AssignmentExpression

Replace ArrayLiteral with ArrayBindingPattern, ElementList with
BindingElementList, and AssignmentExpression with BindingRestElement.