Andy Wingo <mailto:wi...@igalia.com>
January 20, 2012 7:43 AM
I had a hard time following the conclusions here. There does seem to be some uncertainty regarding ES6 features in non-strict code, but is in strict mode and in modules is this (DaveH's new proposal) the consensus? Thanks, Andy

I listed every harmony:proposals (eventually -- some eluded me) on the white board and we worked through them, evaluating how they could work in non-strict code. That was the list with ? or x next to any proposal with questions or overt (we thought) compatibility problems.

We eventually solved all the cases that survived (typeof null == "null" died). This means new ES6 features work in non-strict code. Great news!

We need some experiments to prove that those early x marks can be removed. For instance, const and function-in-block require experimentation by SpiderMonkey and JavaScriptCore in nightly builds to switch to the ES6 semantics in non-strict code and see what breaks.