On Feb 10, 2012, at 12:43 AM, David Bruant wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something, but what you're proposing is *exactly* a
> frame-based check.

Hi David,

No, the proposed check does not correlate exactly to a frame-based check.  For
example, an object created using Object.create(null) may be associated with the
same frame as a [[ProtoSetter]] function, but the restriction I propose would
inhibit the object's prototype from being modified, where a same-frame check
would.  The check I am proposing is more restrictive.

Also, and importantly (as Allen identifies), the proposed check does not
require the spec to talk about frames or their association to objects.

>> On Feb 9, 2012, at 7:18 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
>>> Certainly, for the ES5 language level (which is what my current spec.
>>> addresses) there is no way to talk about frames or the association of one
>>> of these functions or any other object with a frame.

cheers,
G.