I can easily see frameworks, a shim, or vendors widely adding code
such as the following.

Map.prototype.remove = function(elm) {
 this['delete'](elm);
};

Which should easily convince anyone that .remove() is better for the
end user than ['delete'](). Delete already has a meaning outside of
Maps or Sets, and is only introducing unneeded complexity to something
as simple as a Collection.