Le 10/03/2012 23:03, Brandon Benvie a écrit :
> I submitted this as a potential security vulnerability to the Chromium
> bug list but it didn't seem to register there. It's not a
> vulnerability in that it has an imminent impact on anything, but I
> would still classify it as one because of the fundamental level its
> active at, it's near ubiquitous presence in past and present version
> of JS engines, its incredible specificity in most cases, and the fact
> that it's completely impossible to prevent without changing at the
> engine level.
>
> To sum up: JS by nature of not having tail call optimization has
> maximum stack frames as a matter of course and it's generally an early
> fail.
I'm not sure I understand what tail call optimization has to do with
maximum stack frame.

Each function call needs some memory for the scope and the function
arguments.
Memory is limited.
Hence there has to be a limit in the number of nested function calls.

Tail call optimization helps in reducing the number of contexts used
under circumstances, but it doesn't change the above reasoning, does it?

David