On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:33 AM, 程劭非 <csf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just noticed that there is no description about "name" and "length" property
> of JSON.parse and JSON.stringify in ES5.
> Are they implement-dependent?
>
> (I saw test262 require JSON.stringify.length to be 3, but no such case
> for JSON.parse. )

The first part of section 15 says:
"Every built-in Function object described in this clause—whether as a
constructor, an ordinary function, or both—has a length property whose
value is an integer. Unless otherwise specified, this value is equal
to the largest number of named arguments shown in the subclause
headings for the function description, including optional parameters."

I.e., the lengths are specified.
I don't believe the name properties for function objects are specified
anywhere in ES5, so they are entirely outside the spec.

/L