foo(a, b, ...rest)

vs

   foo(a, b, rest...)

Which is clearer?

The former suggests a special construct that may have a name,
the latter suggests a variable of a special kind. But there isn't
anything special about the variable (a or b could be Arrays, too),
so I find the suffix form misleading. I found the prefix easy to get used to, and it alerts me that something special is going on with the match or substitution.

Also, doesn't the English form suggest the dotted content
to be separate from rest, rather than included in it?

Btw, why three dots? I always find myself writing two dots..

Claus