On Apr 7, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Herby Vojčík wrote:

> I have actually looked at the links (I confess I did not want to browse
> though another way to ruin (nearly a) consensus on max-min), and I must admit
> I like it.

My reaction to Kevin's initial post was much the same as Herby's.  I'm just not
interested in looking at new more comprehensive class proposals if we can't
first get agreement on the level of functionally that is in the max-min classes
proposal (and there are still points of disagreement on the details of that
functionality). The agreement we needed is that :

1) A  max-min proposal will the common foundation for any other future "class"
features (whether in ES6 or in future editions)
2) A max-min by it self would be a worthwhile addition to ES

If we can agree on this then we can make progress. Any enhancement discussion
prior to such agreement just makes achieving consunsus on these points more
difficult.

We have already found that we are unable to find consensus starting with more
complex proposal so I have very little interest in exploring them at this point
in time.

Agreeing to Min-max in ES6 wouldn't shut the door to additional class features
in ES6.  It would rather open a door that for now seems firmly stuck.

Allen