>> So, FF (>= 4??) and IE9 don't seem to support unicode escape based
>> de-keywordization and the web doesn't appear to have collapsed.  That seems
>> like a good indication that this isn't a major interp. concern and we can
>> think about what we want such unicode escapes to mean rather than being
>> forced to adopt something.

>> Personally, I think the de-keywordization interpretation is pretty ugly.  It
>> is taking something (unicode escapes) that presumably exist for specific
>> purpose (a way to insert arbitrary Unicode code units into source text) and
>> loads a secondary semantics upon them. I think that ES5 has already covered
>> the important use cases for contextual non-keyword interpretation of
>> reserved words.  If we want to allow declarations that create bindings for
>> reserved words (not something I favor) then we should address that head-on
>> rather than via a ugly backdoor.

>> I think we should stick with the ES5 intent (Unicode escapes don't change
>> the meaning of an IdentiferName, including keywords) and possibly clarify
>> the Es6 spec. language to make this intent even clearer.

+1.  Having Unicode escapes have no impact on the interpretation of an
IdentifierName seems like a simpler model for the language, and the one that
the ES5 spec text currently suggests.  FWIW - I tested IE8 as well, and it also
doesn't support Unicode escape de-keywordization, so I suspect this behavior
has been around in browsers for quite a while.

Luke