On May 30, 2012, at 4:15 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> At last week's meeting we deferred super outside of class methods.

We talked about it, but I don't see the above statement captured in the
minutes.  It also isn't clear what  you mean by "deferred". In a previous
message you said that @privateName was deferred which I interpret as meaning
deferred until another meeting.  We certainly need to talk about a way to
define private keyed methods in class declarations and @name seems like the
most likely alternative.  Similar, I think it is reasonable to say we deferred
making a decision to have super outside of classes.  That doesn't mean that
there still isn't interest in doing so and that some of us want to consider
talking about how to do so.

Also, last week there was support for .( expressed both from the perspective of
the Smalltalk-like cascaded expression use cases and from the definitional
object extension perspective.  My perception is that different people were had
primary interests in the different use cases.  Just because we may be on the
path of a solution to the  cascaded expression use cases doesn't mean there
isn't still interest and support for the definitional use cases.

Allen