This is not a candidate for the core language standard, ECMA-262. Even E4X, ECMA-357, a standard that failed to win adoption in browsers other than Firefox, cannot validate against schema.

This is where you want a JS library. There are many choices, although I'm no XML expert:

https://www.google.com/search?q=XSD+validation+in+JS&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

/be