On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 6:42 AM, 程劭非 <csf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess we can try to push Web IDL to do this.

WebIDL provides [ArrayClass] and DOM4 make NodeLists ArrayClass. This
means that NodeLists have Array.prototype on its prototype chain.

We tried to make this change in WebKit but it caused some issues,
mostly on sites depending on a bug in Closure Library. The Closure bug
has been fixed but the question is how many other sites out there do
incorrect detection and therefore assume that anything that is an
instance of Array is actually a true Array

My plan is to try again on Chrome Dev channel in the near future and
see if we have better luck this time.

--
erik