On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM, John J Barton
<johnjbar...@johnjbarton.com> wrote:
> As I understand it, two issues drive the need for standardization of
> modules:
>   1) we want one environment for all JS,
>   2) to move beyond the limitations of RequireJS and CommonJS requires
> parsing, and that is considered too expensive for library implementations.
> The first point is obvious, the second one is implicit in the blog posts by
> Isaac and James.

Another point that I believe Isaac is making is that too much syntax
is likely to confuse developers and allowing certain features, such as
nested modules or `import *`, can be harmful to programmer efficiency
in the long term, if used.

For the purpose of discussion, I made a gist [0] of Isaac's proposal.
Most of the module examples [1] are there.

  [0] https://gist.github.com/2997742
  [1] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=harmony:modules_examples

Isaac, feel free to correct it.