You are absolutely correct... That is if you are creating method names that
include the type

Array.ofStrings() is certainly more clear than Array.ofType(String) but it
has it's obvious negatives. We already have a concept in the language which
is typeof so could even go with Array.typeOf(String)

I'll also comment that I sort of dislike the sound of Array.new() *shrug*