For comparison, quite a lot of ECMAScript function names are nouns, e.g.
Date.now, String.prototype.{substring, indexOf}, etc.

From: Norbert Lindenberg
Sent: ‎August‎ ‎31‎, ‎2012 ‎12‎:‎16
To: Marcos Caceres
CC: es-discuss
Subject: Re: i18n API - resolvedOptions

Actually, all options have to be resolved in the constructors, because the
functions returned by the compare and format getters also depend on the results
of the resolution process. resolvedOptions() just packages up the results in a
new object and returns that.

A correct description in verb form would be getResolvedOptions, but that's yet
longer.

Norbert