It wouldn’t fix the main problem with __proto__: using a property to express
meta-data. In a way, __proto__ might even be better than, say, @proto, because
it will be the only property with double underscore, highlighting the
specialness of that property.

On Twitter, @marcoos correctly commented that changing the name of
[[Prototype]] (including prototypal inheritance, prototype chain, etc.) is too
drastic an overhaul. Finding a better name for Constr.prototype seems easier.

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer
a...@rauschma.de