Le 24/11/2012 15:23, Herby Vojčík a écrit :

David Bruant wrote:

Hi,

I haven't been following very closely some of the most recent
discussions, so I appologize if my comments have been addressed already

Changes include:

• MOP changes: Added [[GetInheritance]]/[[SetInheritance]] as internal
methods for accessing [[Prototype]] internal prototype chain.
Why not [[GetPrototype]] and [[SetPrototype]]? We have a absurd number
of excellent resources (including but not limited to Dmitry Soshnikov
and Axel Rauschmayer's websites/blogs) which use extensively the ES5
internal [[Prototype]]. It's also been very hard to get people to
understand the difference between .prototype and [[Prototype]]. I'm
afraid a new change would create a lot of confusion.

Neither of them is prototype
I don't understand this sentence. What does "them" refer to?

David

so the naming is unhappy. It is good that renaming is happening. And [[Prototype]] is imo worse of the two (the second being .prototype), so I welcome the fact that the operations were named as such. I hope the next step is to rename [[Prototype]] itself to [[Inheritance]]. Fair share of uses of [[Prototype]] were deleted in this change, and from those that left the most are in Chapter 15 where they are used mechanically to spec builtins.

David

Herby