That's what I referred to when I wrote:

> You could arguably make this saner by interpreting nested patterns in
> an import as copying, not aliasing, but I think mixing meanings like
> that would be rather confusing and surprising.

So yes, you could do that, but no, I don't think it is a good idea.
Your example:

>     import { x: { a, b }, f } from A;
>     f();
>     print(a); // 1
>     print(b); // 2

>     import { x, f } from A;
>     f();
>     print(x.a); // 3
>     print(x.b); // 4

demonstrates perfectly how it violates the principle of least surprise
and can potentially lead to subtle bugs, especially when refactoring.
One overarching principle of destructuring should be that all
variables in one binding are treated consistently.

/Andreas