No,  the whole point of Number.isNaN is to provide a definitively test for NaN
number values which  cannot be tested for in the usual way using ===.   The
definitiveness of the test would be lost if other values such a Number wrapper
instance also returned true when passed as the argument for Number.isNaN.

Arguably, the Type test in the draft is redundant, but may be clarifying.

If you wanted to test for NaN-ness of either Number values or Number wrappers
then the appropriate thing would be to make isNaN an method of Number.prototype.

Allen