Tom Van Cutsem wrote:
2013/1/15 David Bruant <bruan...@gmail.com <mailto:bruan...@gmail.com>>

    Le 15/01/2013 20:32, Tom Van Cutsem a écrit :
    As far as I recall, the purpose of the trap was to allow a
    membrane or revocable proxy to explicitly abort accesses involving
    such private symbols. The point being that if a membrane can't
    abort such accesses, then collaborators on both sides of the
    membrane could circumvent the membrane by communicating via a
    previously agreed upon private symbol.
    Yes, we've discussed that in length with Nathan Wall :-)

Sorry, I only now catched up with that. I don't have anything more to
add to that discussion.

So in conclusion:
- we still need unknownPrivateSymbol

Is it needed? Maybe the "fail/forward" decision canbe set beforehand, when creating the proxy. Then, no trap will be called (but you cannot change the response in time; OTOH, is there a use case for it?).

Or does it do something more sophisticated then just telling "forward" or "fail" for situation that I am accessing some unknown private symbol?

- a return/throw protocol may be more suitable than a boolean return
value for this "trap"

Cheers,
Tom

Herby