Le 21/01/2013 20:30, Brendan Eich a écrit :
David Bruant wrote:
I guess TC39 agrees on the "Any new method added to one is going to get added to all of them, unless...".

Why do you "guess" that?
I didn't see anything in the notes about discussions related specifically to WeakMap.prototype.clear, but I saw that Set/Map clear methods had been discussed [1], I assumed if WeakMap.prototype.clear hadn't been discussed, it was because TC39 agreed with the above sentence.

I don't agree with it.
I'm glad I was wrong in assuming so :-)

I see that WeakMap.prototype.clear seems controversial, doesn't seem to have been discussed neither on es-discuss nor at TC39 meetings and yet it's already in the spec and in Firefox 20 as a consequence. I don't mean to slow down the spec process, but discussing before adding in drafts sounds like a reasonable idea in light of recent events.

David

[1] https://github.com/rwldrn/tc39-notes/blob/master/es6/2012-11/nov-27.md#review-of-new-draft-spec