Alex Russell wrote:

FWIW, there continue to be strong misgivings about the pythonesqe design we have now,

See below for how "strong".

but Mozilla insists on the back of their shipping implementation.

No, that's completely false. There's no meeting notes to back you. If you objected all along, where was the record? Where was the alternative design? The C#-based idea from Peter Hallam, who was participating briefly in spring 2011, was never written up -- but it was hacked into early Traceur and then hacked out.

It's dis-harmonious to operate this way. You have a complaint, you bring it up at the meeting, it gets into the notes, we deal with restoring consensus.

For the umpteenth-time record, SpiderMonkey's ES4-era prototypes can and must change to adapt to ES6, whatever it ends up specifying.

The plain fact remains that no one in TC39, certainly not you, ever did the work or made the case for a better design, so the committee took iterators into ES6 consensus in May 2011. They remain there, with review as noted in the September 2012 notes (https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-September/025241.html and previoius in thread).

Many feel that exceptions for control-flow are a missdesign, myself included, but at this point the ship us nearly past the lighthouse on its way to sea and the effort involved in recalling it not worth the pain.

Are you really just bitching in es-discuss, uselessly and (see above about "Mozilla insists") inaccurately, so you can have the option to point the finger later?

Way to rise above inessential disagreement!

/be

Regards