not sure changing name is a thing to promote, it makes method name clashing
easier but it can be achieved simply attaching properties to a specific
object and then pass that as mixin ...

Object.mixin(target, {
  on: source.addEventListener,
  off: source.removeEventListener,
  has: source.hasEventListener,
  trigger: source.dispatchEvent
});

As you see there's no need to make the signature more complex with aliases,
it's straight forward to do the same, of course if those descriptor are
meant to be (enumer|configur|writ)able: true)

Agreed on Trait naming convention, but these can be represented only via
Functions in JS.

However, describing them as "not exactly common function" would result in a
better understanding.

So here the API, and the name I am afraid has always been abused in JS but
is known as "mixin"

// basic signature
Object.mixin(
  target:Object,
  source:Object
):target

// one overload
Object.mixin(
  target:Object,
  source:Trait
  [,args:Array|Arguments]
):target

This is probably even better than needed/horrible slice call and
arguments.length check per each mixin invocation with Traits ... so, what
do you think ?

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Peter Seliger <peter.seli...@googlemail.com