why is that?

void   forEach(mapCB);

if that's to make it consistent with Array#forEach you should accept the
context argument in both map and forEach too?

However, I don't get why this should not work:

str.forEach(callback).then(notify);

Said that, I think is quite good after some renaming, but probably you need
to write some more concrete example?

P.S.

had already thoughts about a possible

$(obj).on('loadStatus', updateLoadingUI); ^__^

naaaaa, just kidding